Tuesday 17 November 2015

Nice work on complimenting yourself

The Pretty One. 

"You need to start worrying about what you're dealing with." 

"I'm a pretty cool girl."

"I'm going to be more like me, to find out what that really means." 

Another film with Zoe Kazan. This is like 13 going on 30, but without the sparkles/ magic but rather more on sad note and closer to reality. 

This scene made me tear up. 

Sometimes when being compared to others, it is hard to find your personality, your own identity. Sometimes after a break up it is hard to be alone, hard to let go. 

But really, we all came into this world alone, but with family to guide us. Similarly, if we're alone, we have friends to hang out with us. 

It is really important to keep those friendships and not be totally dependent on that significant other. Friendship never ends, but I'm sure everybody can attest to this when I say that when a romantic relationship ends, even though they may have been a best friend to you, somehow the "ship" sinks a little and never recovers. 

I, for one do not believe in letting go of the friendship created between lovers but usually it is the other significant party that cannot deal with it. And this is true especially when there is trust issues and all that temptation nonsense which I feel if people were grounded in their moral values, they should have no problem with. 

Back to my short scribble of a movie review, overall, it is an easy watch with values to be learnt. A girl should be strong and confident about herself. Who cares what people think? Sometimes it is important to worry about yourself. Be nice to others and do not lie. 
There is quite a good music score and slightly cheesy love story but nonetheless, a good Tuesday movie for me. 

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment