Friday 13 November 2015

We love who we love. Sucks

I have really come to enjoy a quiet Friday night, with dinner and a movie at home. 

Tonight, my choice was Before We Go which is directed and produced by Chris Evans. Also starring himself. 

To be honest, I am slightly biased because being for someone who worked in New York for three months, every time I see a photo of New York or anything resembling the magical city, I like. 


So the following is me attempting to describe cinematography. Can't even spell that word without using spell check! To me, I relate the recording of this movie to more of an independent film, with the raw camera, out of focused and close profile shots. It also portrays a lot of the city skyline. On a side note, the opening and the way it is shot reminds me of "once" the movie. I did not finish that movie, but was able to finish this :)

Storyline wise, it is about a boy and a girl bumping into each other, with different circumstances but somehow having a real connection and ends up helping each other without even knowing it. I don't know if I entirely agree with what happens in between, but I do like how it ended. 

What I found different is that the movie tries to instill a sense of commitment. 

What most people think and most easily fall for: 
"It's possible that you could meet somebody who's perfect for you even though you're committed to somebody else."

What the correct attitude is: 
"No, no, see, I think if you're committed to somebody, you don't allow yourself to find perfection in someone else."

I believe the latter is very true but with the new age society, nobody thinks that anymore. People find it easy to stray from their marriages or couples that have been in a long term relationship (3 years) and suddenly have "crushes" on another or feels like there is no longer the "spark". 

Like anything, the spark diffuses but it is the commitment and love that lasts. 

I believe it is like buying a house, you can look and look and tell yourself you want the house and you want to look after it, but until you sign the dotted line and commit yourself (in buying a house it would be financially but in the case of relationship it is emotionally), you can always flake out.  

I have been flaked out twice so I am still hoping, trying not to be a cynic, that my commitment is somewhere out there. 

Anyway, with every good romance movie, comes a good indie soundtrack, which is one of my movie-must-haves as I usually focus more on the music than anything else. 

So I'll leave you with the soundtrack link below:
http://www.lyricsoundtrack.com/movies/before-we-go-soundtrack-list

Movie: 6 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment